Easily import community topics as Zendesk support tickets when necessary. Get Satisfaction’s integration with Zendesk allows customers to import community topics into Zendesk support tickets as necessary. This allows Community Managers and Support Reps to easily take a private conversation in the community offline if they need to.
This integration is available for all customers on paid Get Satisfaction plans. To install, you must be an Admin for both your Zendesk account and Get Satisfaction community. Follow these setup instructions:
1. Log in to your Get Satisfaction community and navigate to the Admin section. Click the “Zendesk” link on the left hand side of the Admin section page.
2. Fill in your Zendesk URL. Make sure to use https:// at the beginning of your URL, and then click “Save Zendesk URL”.
3. On the same page, fill in your Zendesk Agent Credentials and click “Save” when you are finished. Please note that these credentials save to the Get Satisfaction user account, so each Agent using Get Satisfaction will have to set their own credentials to enable the integration.
Once your credentials have successfully been saved in Get Satisfaction, you should now see an “Import to Zendesk” link on each topic page. This link is located in the Moderator Tools section, on the right hand side of each topic page.
A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to export this community conversation into Zendesk. Click the “export” button to confirm. The pop-up window will close and you are now able to find the community conversation in your Zendesk dashboard.
The ticket will appear in Zendesk under the “Unassigned Tickets” section.
Targets & Triggers
You can choose to set up Targets & Triggers from within Zendesk to push public comments and ticket status updates back to the community topic. Follow these steps to set up the appropriate Target & Triggers, if you’d like:
1. Log into your Zendesk help desk and navigate to “Settings,” and then choose “Extensions.” Once you’re in the Extensions panel, click on “Targets,” and then the “Add a Target” link.
2. From the Targets page, choose “Get Satisfaction”.
3. Fill out the form with your Get Satisfaction credentials. Please note that the contents of the “Company Name” field need to match your Get Satisfaction community URL. If you have a custom domain name setup, this would be your original http://getsatisfaction.com/yourcommunity URL. The URL “slug” is everything located after the / in the URL. So, in this case, it would be “yourcommunity”.
4. Choose the “Create Target” from the drop down in the lower right hand corner, and then click “Submit.” You will get a confirmation when the Target has successfully been created.
Once your Target has been created, Zendesk will automatically set up the two Triggers most commonly used with the Get Satisfaction integration. One trigger will push public comments from Zendesk to the community topic, and the second will push ticket status updates back to the topic.
To edit or deactivate these triggers, navigate to the “Triggers & Mail Notifications” page located under the “Settings” and “Business Rules”. You can always reactivate or add new Triggers from this page as well.
Some important things to note about the Zendesk integration with Get Satisfaction:
- Community conversations can be exported into Zendesk, and a reply to the ticket created will appear as a reply in the original community conversation.
- Any replies posted in the Get Satisfaction community will not be exported into Zendesk and will not appear in the ticket that has been created for the original conversation.
- A community conversation can only be exported into Zendesk once. If you export the conversation but later delete the ticket, you will be unable to export the conversation into Zendesk again.