Add federated search between your customer community and knowledge base to your Desk.com Help Center.
The Desk.com integration provides a federated search capability so that when customers are in the Desk.com Help Center they are able to do one search that will pull relavent content from the linked Get Satisfaction customer community and Desk.com. This integration is configured from the Desk.com side. Follow these steps to connect your Get Satisfaction community with your Desk.com Help Center.
- Log in to your Desk.com instance and navigate to the Admin Panel
- Once you’re in the Admin Panel, navigate to “Channel” and then click on “Web Templates”.
- Edit your default template by clicking the gear icon for settings.
- Scroll down to the “Get Satisfaction Settings” and click to enable “Get Satisfaction Integration”. Then, enter your Get Satisfaction Company Name. Note: Your Get Satisfaction company name is the end of the your Get Satisfaction web address.
- Click “Update” when you are finished.
The Fotomoto support portal uses the Desk.com integration. Notice how when a customer does a search, content from both Desk.com and Get Satisfaction appear in the results.