Get Satisfaction has role based access applied to the application. Aside from being a user, there are five roles in any Get Satisfaction community:
- Admin – Admins have full access to the Admin Section of a community. This role is best suited for project managers, technical implementation managers, or those helping with the initial set up and launch of a community. The Admin role + Management Seat is the best option for a Community Strategist or Lead Community Manager.
- Official Rep – Official Reps have limited access Admin Section of a community. This role is best suited for part-time Community Managers and Moderators, or contract employees.
- Employee – Employee is the most basic role available to company employees. This role is best suited for users who occasionally participate in the community, but still have an employee badge.
- Champion – Champion is the most appropriate role for your most supportive and loyal customers, and brand advocates who are strong contributors within your community.
- Alum – This role is appropriate to use for your former employees that are no longer a part of the community, but whose content you still want to highlight as valuable. Alums have the same permissions as a regular community member, with no access to any Admin sections of a community.
With the Admin, Official Rep, Employee and Champion roles, a Management Seat can be selected for additional privileges and functionality. A Management Seat cannot be added to an Alum role.
Having a Management Seat gives the user access to:
- Moderation Tools – Moderation tools include the ability to close, archive, merge, remove, or fork content, and set official responses. Some employee roles with a Management Seat can also set the roles of user others, add custom employee titles, and suspend other users.
- Curation Tools – Curation tools include the ability to mark topic statuses, change topic types, edit topic subjects, and use category and private tags.
- Community Health Analytics – Default set of reporting capabilities.
The Admin, Official Rep, and Employee roles, along with Management Seats can be managed from the “Employees & Roles” page in the Admin section of your community. The Champion role is enabled from a user’s profile page. To learn more about managing Champions, please read this Help Center article: Creating A Champions Program
All 4 roles will have a badge placed on their avatar when they participate in the community, making their association with your company clear.
PDF Download: Community Roles & Privileges Grid
Setting Your Own Custom Title
Once a user has been listed as an Admin, Official Rep, or Employee in a community, they have the option to add a custom title to their account. This title appears in various places across the app.
To customize your title, log into your Get Satisfaction community and navigate to the Profile Information page:
Then click “Profile Information” from the menu at the top of the page.
Click “Your Companies” from the left hand menu. The Your Companies page will display all of the communities that you’re listed as an employee in. You are able to set a different custom title for each community that you are a part of. Find the community of your choice, type in a new custom title, and click save.
Your custom title will now be reflected in that community!
Setting A Employees Custom Title
Some employees in your community, they have the option to add a custom title to their account. However, they don’t always do this on their own. In those cases, Community Admins have the ability to set a employees custom title on their behalf.
To customize an employees title, log into your Get Satisfaction community and navigate to Manage Workspace.
Once you are in Manage Workspace, navigate to People Management and open the profile of the employee whose title you would like to customize.
The custom title will now appear next to their name in the community.